Central project updates at metrotransit.org/construction
Detours along Washington and University avenues and in downtown St. Paul
Crews are building the new light-rail line that will link downtown Minneapolis, the University of Minnesota and downtown St. Paul. Bus service continues, but expect construction-related detours and bus stop closures.
Use our interactive transit map for the latest bus stop closures. > > > > >
The map is updated weekly. Only the bus stops that are being served at this time appear on the map.
If you have questions about route detours or bus stop locations, call 612-373-3333. For construction-related comments, call 651-602-1404. Learn more about the light-rail project or sign up to receive construction updates by e-mail.
> Downtown St. Paul detours
> Watch simulations of trains in action
> Safety tips during construction
Visit the Detours & Alerts page to see if there are service changes affecting your route. Check back regularly for updates.
Downtown St. Paul detours
> Print/save this map
• Use caution around any construction areas.
• Obey barricades and cross streets only where designated.
• Be prepared and arrive at your stop at least five minutes before the scheduled departure time.
• Never, ever run after or alongside a moving bus once it has left its stop. Play it safe and wait for the next one.
• Never assume a bus driver sees you. Signs and construction equipment can obscure the driver’s view. Signal your presence by waving to the driver; it also helps to wear reflective clothing or carry a small blinker light or flashlight.
• Don't cross the street in front of a bus unless it is stopped at a traffic light. Use caution and look both ways when walking in front of a bus.
• Don’t cross the street between parked cars.
When you walk between parked cars into traffic, you might not be visible to drivers.
• Wait for your bus away from the curb and make sure the bus stops before approaching it.
• Please hold your child’s hand when a bus approaches.
Watch the train in action!
> Watch a simulation of light rail along Washington Avenue
> Watch a simulation of light rail from Victoria Street to the Capitol
> Watch a simulation of the train from the Capitol to downtown St. Paul